Managing the Moment: A Leader’s Guide to Building Executive Presence One Interaction at a Time
- A brilliant vice president’s tendency to elaborate at length encourages people…to avoid him.
- A talented young woman gets passed over for promotion because… she twirls her hair.
- An anxious team leader delivers what he believes to be an upbeat announcement and discovers later that his top manager was inspired…to update her resume.
- A busy leader doesn’t waste time preparing for routine presentations…and wastes opportunities to impress in the process.
- A conscientious manager delivers very detailed reports at her boss’s staff meetings, causing people to believe…she can’t get out of the weeds.
- A leader defends his aggressive, critical behavior because he is “doing the right thing” for the company…but his company values collaborative relationships.
What do all these people have in common? They all had potentially career-limiting behaviors related to their presence. Some were unaware of their behavior; others were aware but unconcerned. All were able to make positive changes by changing their behavior.
Today, executive presence is essential for anyone aspiring to be a better leader, regardless of their level, industry, or job duties. Managing the Moment explores the relationship between effective leadership and one’s style and presence. With humor, insight, and practicality, Lisa Parker demonstrates clearly that every interaction contributes to the way leaders are perceived, and makes the case for how and why leaders should manage every moment. You’ll see that the reason to strengthen your professional presence is not just about you; it’s about your team, your relationships, and the health of your business.
[woothemes_testimonials limit=”10″ size=”100″]